Monday, September 29, 2008

Howth

September 27th, 2008….




Howth


Howth used to be a fishing village. It’s north of Dublin and is along the coastline. We took the DART, it’s a train sort of thing. When we got there we had been recommended to go to Beshof Bro’s to get fish and chips. It was delicious!! Best thing I’ve ever eaten! Fish and chips, salt and vinegar, lemon and tartar sauce; can you get better than that? I sure don’t think so. Then we took a hike along the coast and found a great spot to sit and just watch the ocean. It was a great break from the city; very relaxing and calm. And it was so beautiful, the pictures don't even do it justice, it was breathtaking!



the boats in harbour


green, old stone, and ocean


crunchy leaf heaven!! yes, i do go out of my way to step on crunchy leaves, and yes i went into someone's yard to crunch all there leaves :)



The eye of Ireland, island off of Howth, no one lives there.

View from the top of the cliffs in Howth

Cliffs

more of Howth

the ocean :)




THE road in Howth

Me and Michelle on the first pier

The best fish and chips ever! fish and chips, salt and vinegar, lemon and tartar sauce; can life get better? I submit that it can not!! Look how happy I am; that's because they were so delicious!!

boats





fish and chips place

sailboats in harbour




No comments: